A forum Moderator should routinely inspect all new posts to the forums in their charge, checking that:
- The post is in the correct forum and relevant to the discussion thread in which it is posted. Incorrectly posted messages will be moved to the correct forum. If necessary, a new topic may be created by the Moderator in the destination forum.
- The post is free from formatting errors, such as incorrect application of BBCode tags. The Moderator will either correct the post themsleves or instruct the user to correct the post.
- The post is not re-iterating previously discussed material. The Moderator may lock threads that appear to have lost any meaningful discussion.
- Any new user who should be assigned to a closed user group.
- Any new user account that appears to have been created specifically in order to mis-use the forums.