PAR Stakeholders

Discuss the generic proposals for SJTAG
Ian McIntosh
SJTAG Chair

PAR Stakeholders

Post by Ian McIntosh » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:43 pm

An initial form of words on "Stakeholders" was drafted at the June 18 meeting:
The electronics industry at large including, but not restricted to, Test Developers, Designers and Maintainers of Electronics, Test and Measurement Equipment Manufacturers, Electronic Design Automation Tool Suppliers, Test Tool Suppliers.
Any improvements?
Ian McIntosh
Testability Lead
Leonardo MW Ltd.

Adam W Ley
SJTAG Established Member

Re: PAR Stakeholders

Post by Adam W Ley » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm

I'll suggest to make the phrase a grammatically complete sentence. I'll also suggest to get rid of the CAPS since none of the names used here are proper (in the sense of being proper nouns).

I'll also inquire as to the intent of the order, if any, as I was unable to discern an intent for the order == It's not very important, but unless the order, as given, does have some intent, then I'll probably have some ideas for how to reorder, particularly just for ease of reading ...

Finally, why does the class of product "test and measurement equipment" have "manufacturers" whereas other classes of products have "suppliers"?

Ian McIntosh
SJTAG Chair

Post by Ian McIntosh » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 pm

On order, that was simply the order they were suggested. In a way, that might be reflecting those perceived as most significant being listed first.

Capitalisation is simply because these were cut'n'pasted from a list where they were capitalised.

Manufacturers vs suppliers - no idea. While you could argue that there are very specific differences between a "manufacturer" and a "supplier" I don't think that was particularly intended here.
Ian McIntosh
Testability Lead
Leonardo MW Ltd.

Adam W Ley
SJTAG Established Member

Post by Adam W Ley » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Well, how about something like this, then:

Stakeholders comprise the electronics industry at large, including, but not restricted to, designers and maintainers of electronics, particularly test developers, suppliers of test and measurement equipment and suppliers of tools for automation of electronics design and test.

Ian McIntosh
SJTAG Chair

Post by Ian McIntosh » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:54 am

I didn't infer that there was any requirement for this entry to be a complete sentence, but I'm completely in favour of making it so.

That reads pretty well to me, Adam, thanks!
Ian McIntosh
Testability Lead
Leonardo MW Ltd.