System Scope for Gunnar's 2005 ITC paper

Discussion and feedback on the SJTAG Initiative Group weekly meetings.
Ian McIntosh
SJTAG Chair

System Scope for Gunnar's 2005 ITC paper

Post by Ian McIntosh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 pm

In response to Brad's question on this subject, Gunnar provided the following reply, along with the attached PDF on in-field testing:
Gunnar Carlsson wrote:Hi Brad,

Sorry for the late response. Nice to get in contact again! I am following the SJTAG WG, but have not been active
for a very long time. Meanwhile, I have been working with test and DFT solutions mainly for our RBS systems.
But I also have some contacts with other product lines, mainly core network products. Some information regarding
your questions:

RBS production test (board level):

- No backplane, only serial links plus a test connector.
- Slide 10 is fairly representative, except that we don’t have I2C, but instead HDLC and Ethernet.
- The JTAG control system is a commercial product (including TAP Master HW), also 1687 capable.
- SPI is used only for booting the system.
- HDLC is used to send commands to the Board Power Managager (BPM) on the board. The SW is
board resident. Evaluation and measurement control is done by the Test Step Controller.
- For functional test, all low level SW for HW operations is downloaded to the board over Ethernet,
and then low level commands are sent to the board. Evaluation is done by the Test Step Controller.
- There is no sharp distinction between the Test Step Controller and the Test Manager.

RBS in-field test:

- Test can e.g. be triggered by automatic fault escalation or by remote operator control.
- The enclosed slide illustrate the architecture. The HwtestMgr starts Test Agents driven by a config
file.
- Test Agents consist of one or more Test Methods (test cases), which in turn call low level functions
for HW operations (same or similar to those used in production test).
- At failure, the Test Methods write entries to a persistent log.

Regards,
Gunnar
Attachments
In-field Test.pdf
In-field Test
(20.92 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Ian McIntosh
Testability Lead
Leonardo MW Ltd.

Ian McIntosh
SJTAG Chair

Re: System Scope for Gunnar's 2005 ITC paper

Post by Ian McIntosh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:02 pm

For clarification on the above, I believe that the "slide 10" referred to by Gunnar is the one from this pack:
Test_Managers2.pdf
Test Managers Proposition Pack
(378.26 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Ian McIntosh
Testability Lead
Leonardo MW Ltd.